What can be done to protect vulnerable citizens from negative messages and stereotypes while still protecting our freedom of speech?
- I think that if we enforced a law that made artist get up and explain the lyrics to their songs in front of everyone before it was aired. If everyone was able to ask questions about the song or give their opinion on it we wouldn't have as many issues with harmful messages played to younger children.
- Another recommendation is that kids should have to read the lyrics to the explicit messages to their parents, and explain what they feel is the meaning behind the lyrics.
- The media should produce positive music with better meanings.
- Parents could also listen to different genres with their child and introduce new genres so children don't have such a restricted view.
- Ex. If you had water all your life all you are going to know is water but if someone adds juice to your selection you are able to mix it up a little. Water isn't so popular now because you have options.